Current/continuing research activities include:
- Assessment procedures for the identification of medically at-risk drivers;
- Assessing changes in health care professionals knowledge and practice as a result of educational initiatives on medically at-risk drivers;
- Assessing the impact of a medically at-risk driver protocol for identifying medically at-risk drivers;
- Investigating the relationship between targeted illness and impairments in driving performance;
- Assessing availability of alternate transportation as a means of enhancing safety and mobility;
- Review and integration of the research literature on the effects of medical conditions on driving.